Residual Current Devices (RCD's) are designed to prevent electrocution by detecting the leakage current, which can be far smaller (typically 5â€“30 milliamperes) than the currents needed to operate conventional circuit breakers or fuses. RCDs are intended to operate within 25-40 milliseconds, before electric shock can drive the heart into ventricular fibrillation, the most common cause of death through electric shock.
These portable power outlets have Class H Australian approval for industrial use. They are available in 10 and 15amp
- Class H compliant device, suitable for use on construction sites
- Press to test button
- Neon activation indicators indicate if the power point is on
- Inlet membrane protection
- Neoprene boot protected switches
- Safety switch
- Gasket sealed join
- Current leakage, short circuit and overload protection
- IP53 Ingress Protection
- Double pole mechanisms for Safety.
- Highly visible orange case.
- Polycarbonate casing
- Power outlet recessed for added protection.
- Large sturdy base (with anchor holes) for strength and stability.
- The heavy duty power cord can be fully wound onto unit when not in use
- Clear cover over RCD/MCB for added protection and easy access